VamosVentures is an LA-based VC fund that provides capital and partnership to Latinx and diverse teams solving real problems through scalable, tech-driven companies. We primarily invest in Health & Wellness, Future of Work, FinTech, and Sustainability startups because we see pronounced opportunity for both returns and societal impact in these markets.
We believe innovation can come from anywhere and anyone; and we are at the tipping point of the golden age of entrepreneurial expression of diverse tech founders.
We are investors first.
We seek market rate financial returns.
But we are more than that.
We know capital and technology leads to wealth creation, social mobility, community empowerment and self-determination.
We are part of the communities we invest in, sons and daughters of immigrants who have lived the experience.
We know there is a role for our fund, and our team, beyond investing; a role of representation, advocacy and speaking truth to power.
We know being a founder is not easy. We’ve been there. We strive to ‘see’ you and support you in a variety of ways on your journey.
Investing in the power of Latinx talent
While we do invest in all kinds of diverse teams, the focus of the fund is Latinx. This large, young, high-growth, tech-savvy, entrepreneurial Latinx demographic is where we have unique insight and access.
Only ~2% of VC dollars invested go to Latinx founders, but we believe in the increasing entrepreneurial and economic power of the Latinx community.
Investment Focus Areas
We are investing in 4 key areas that present massive market + impact opportunities
Health & Wellness
• Massive cost to economy & broken systems
• Providers, payers, and employers all re-evaluating traditional approaches
Productivity and enhancement to quality of life through improvements in:
• Affordability & Access
• Mental Health
• Chronic Conditions
Future of Work
• Existing & growing skills gap across job levels & types
• Increased employee dissatisfaction & burnout
• Increasing trend towards entrepreneurship
Transform lives and support professional fulfillment:
• Upskilling & Job Placement
• Gig Economy / Freelance Work
• SMB Enablement & Support
• Innovation driven by mobile devices, digital payments, and AI
• SMBs have adopted new payment methods and channels
Access to society-changing tools and resources:
• Alternative Business Lending
• New Payment Structures
• Wealth Building
• Paris Agreement aims to reduce emissions ~50% by 2030, to net zero by 2050
• Reversing climate change requires commitment from consumers & corporations
Address the challenge of this generation from multiple angles:
• Renewable Energy
• Waste Reduction
• Sustainable Food